Asteral, the medical equipment solutions company, has installed a MultiCareTM Platinum prone breast biopsy table at the Whittington Hospital NHS Trust.
The prone table, which is designed to maximise patient comfort while bringing the latest advances in stereotactic technology, was chosen by Trust staff with Asteral as part of its Managed Equipment Services arrangement. Its intuitive design and diagnostic capabilities make it the ideal system for characterization of calcifications, masses and architectural distortion.
Commenting on the installation Consultant Radiologist, Dr Ros Crooks, said “Because Asteral are vendor independent, we were able to work closely with them to select the table from a choice of providers and are delighted with the results.”
Accompanying photo showing from left to right:
- Recep Suleyman – Radiology General Manager
- Dr Ros Crooks – Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Francesca Peters – Consultant Radiologist
- Don Kalumpanun – Asst PACS Manager
- Dr Ranjana Chaudhuri – Consultant Radiologist
- Natasha Suvarna – Radiographer
- Olufunke Idowu – Radiographer